Saturday, August 8, 2009

More On Door County

"The Old Road" 16"x12"

"Garrett Bay" 11"x14"



"Behind Woodwalk Gallery" 11"x14"

Just another three images of my work from Door County Plein Air Festival.
I found the old road while looking for places to paint near Moonlight Bay Wisconsin. I pulled off the road to explore and found this site. The old dirt road was more than I could stand I had to paint it. Something about an old road in the woods seeming to go nowhere.
Garrett Bay was another place I found by exploring. There was a sunken ship right of the shore. I wished I had time to swim out and take a look.
The Woodwalk Gallery was a site I had signed up to go paint at. It took me a while to find what it was I wanted to paint. The building nestled in the trees seems quaint.
Again, it was an amazing week. I need to do more events like this. What fun!



No comments: